Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Betty Donelly got a new nose! .. it didn't hurt!

hello!

As we speak, i am sitting here behind the puter screen typing not too fast and trying to sit perfectly still while at it ...

A sort of a plaster thingie is attached to me nose and i wear some kinda moustache in the form of a bandage taped just underneath my nostrils ...

This is to prevent the clotted blood slime from endlessly flowing onto the keyboard ..

My eyes are red and blue and my whole face is swollen ... it's quite a sight ...

Just yesterday i underwent plastic surgery to feminise my nose .. a bit before 7 AM on Monday 28 March 2011 i walked into the surgery day center and soon after i heard someone call my name ...

I looked up in full anticipation and saw a lady in green gesturing me to follow her ... i asked her if arrangements were made to stay the night in another department of the hospital and apparently not!!

But she managed to get me a room for the night and the following morning ... this was due to the fact that when i visited the anaesthesia dept. some time ago to establish if i was fit to be put to sleep, as it were, i had to sign a form telling me i wasn't allowed to go home by myself the same day nor could i stay alone for the next 24 hours after surgery .. since i could not find anyone to babysit me i simply had to stay in the hospital for like two days ..

The green lady told me nicely where i could change into the silly surgical dress with them lil flowers on it i believe ... and pointed at a locker and said: "don't forget to lock the door and bring the key with you!"

i had been told to go into room 4 after i'd changed and that was exactly what i did! ... Once there the pre-surgical procedures began ... i was given a xanax and my blood pressure and weight was taken and then i was put onto a intravenous thing you know ... with the liquids, electrolytes and stuff slowly dripping into my veins via a long thin tube hanging from some kind of a stand ...

Well, by that time .. i suppose it was past 8 AM already ... the professor himself walked into room 4 and reassured me that everything would go smoothly and that he wouldn't cut off too much of my nose! ... Just like we agreed on previous appointments ... i remember he was accompanied by a young sweet looking assistant ... i felt in good hands ..

Next, they rolled my bed, well if you can call that a bed ... right into the O.R.
What a sight .. a whole team of anaestetics was already present to put Betty to sleep ...

The leader of the pack was certainly telling me some white lies when he said the mask this lady was putting over me contained oxygen! ... i betcha it was pure sleeping gas!! ..

But nevertheless they put some liquid tranquilisers directly into my veins via the long thin tube i was attached to ..

But oxygen in that mask ... come on! .. hehe ...

he asked me if i started to feel drowsy and at first i must say i didn't feel a thing ... but then .. oh boy .. oh yeah .. i felt it coming on strong and it lasted a whole minute or so ...

Next thing i know ... i was in the recovery or wakie wakie room ... i heard someone say: "you're awake now ... !" ... and oh boy yes ... i was wide awake all of a sudden!

the main guy from the sleep team had to 'sign me off' so i could be taken to a real hospital dept where i would spend the night ... well it took quiet some time because when i looked at the clock when i woke up it was elevenish AM ... and by the time i was moved into my room it was three!

And blood from my nose kept dripping into my right eye ...! So the nurse gave me some droplets out of a lil bottle and poured it right into my eye! .. ouch ..

my nose was stuffed with threads (cotton i think or so), anyways, it was surely giving me cottonmouth to begin with ..!

and the moustache (the small bandage taped right under my nostrils) kept me from spilling the place with blood ...

and it still does as i am writing this up ...

The rest of the day i remember in particular that i hadn't eaten in like two days ( i had to remain completely sober from 24 hours on before the operation ..)

So i was very pleased to see the food arrive and once it did oh yes ... did i enjoy that meal! ... as if it were my last! .. hehe

Then, at 9 PM sharp ... the professor himself (again) ... paid me a visit and he explained that the operation went well and that i would be pleased with the result .. he also told me that he'd come by the next day and that the threads would be pulled out of me nose .. i believe that was the best news i had heard all day! ...

So the following day ... that nice sweet looking assistant doctor came in and pulled the things out of me nose! ... Brrr ... that felt really funny! ... and gross too! ...

I was then officially dismissed from the hospital but had to wait several more hours till someone would come and pick me up! ...

and all the time i was bleeding .. just one thought ran and runs through my mind even as i write this down ... Stop the bleeding! ... Stop the bleeding! ..

But now i am sure the bleeding will go on for days on end ! ..

i have been prescribed numerous meds to help my nose from becoming one crusty mess .. some antibiotics and even cortisone to stop my face from being swollen ...

Next week i see the professor again, ... so i can thank him for the painless and neat nose job he's performed ... i'll give him one of me Betty Donelly postcards! ...

Thanks for reading!

Light and Love

Betty Donelly


No comments: